- NAVY SEAL TURNS OVER PICTURE OF BIN LADEN’S BODY, FACES INVESTIGATION OF BUSINESS TIES
- Family of American Missing in Iran Still Waiting
- Drone strike kills two Qaeda suspects in Yemen
- ‘Hundreds’ of army trainers needed for Mosul recapture
- U.S. Clears Path to Target Islamic State in Afghanistan
- GPS data failing USAID hospitals in Afghanistan
- Bombing close to Russian embassy in Kabul kills 7
- US Senate rejects bill on Syrian and Iraqi refugees
- Suicide team sent by Pakistani Taliban faction assaults university
- Abduction of Americans in Iraq raises fears about security
- Kenya’s megaprojects: What can $50 billion do for a country?
- Somalia received Saudi aid the day it cut ties with Iran
- First Turkish military base in Africa to open in Somalia
- Afghanistan to hold delayed parliamentary elections in October
- Pakistan lifts YouTube ban after three years
- Suicide bomber targeting police in Pakistan kills 11
- Coast Guard seeks billion-dollar icebreaker as Russia makes Arctic push
- Iran Set to Pump More Oil Into Market Glut
- German defense minister raises prospect of Libya mission
- Islamic State directs jihadi recruits to ‘Libya Province’ in bid to establish second homeland
- Airstrike in Yemen Kills Freelance Journalist Working for VOA
- Backed by Russian air power, Syria’s army builds on gains
- Ukraine says cyber-attack on Kyiv airport was launched from Russia
- China posts weakest growth figures in 25 years
- As Freed Americans Rejoin Relatives, Mystery Surrounds One Who Stayed Put
Worry not; the world is still falling apart. BBC reported an original attack in Jakarta: Jakarta attacks: Bombs and gunfire rock Indonesian capital Which is particularly ironic following the fanfare that The Atlantic’s article “ISIS in the World’s Largest Muslim Country- Why are so few Indonesians joining the Islamic State?” got.
As the SOTU played out Iran was detaining 10 US Navy Sailors as a near PR stunt. And as such they were released soon after: Iran releases 10 US Navy sailors after boat drifted in Persian Gulf. If half of your Facebook friends are like mine there much anger and social media promises to seek revenge against Iran once social media comment at a time.
OPSEC being what it is, the US announced that “Special U.S. targeting force ‘now in place’ in Iraq.” Good thing they are not ya know, like a secret force.
In the wake of the continued Iran-Saudi Charlie Foxtrot, Saudi has called in its chips from Sunni allies, including the nascently stabilizing Somalia. And as such Iran received some blow back when an Iranian Aid Agency Looted In Somalia After African Nation Cuts Ties With Tehran.
As Nigeria continues to face security troubles with Boko Haram, it is reported that UK Sends Troops To Train Nigerian Soldiers.
Russia is continually nervous about the implosion of Afghanistan and as such decided that sending more guns will help: Russia to send small arms to Afghanistan
Turkey already pinned between a Europe and a hardplace and just facing a notable terrorist attack, has seen yet another attack in there southern region: Deadly car bomb hits police HQ near Diyarbakir, Turkey.
In case you thought Al Qaeda was gone – wait who is Al Qaeda? Yeah, they are still around releasing podcasts in the glorious shadow of ISIL: Al Qaeda releases 3 new messages from Ayman al Zawahiri
Recent reporting has illustrated an increase of instability coming out of India. The small yet potent Islamic minority there continues to produce some unsavory extremists as of late: Arrested in Syria, four Indian youths ‘planning to join ISIS’
- Iran Detains US Navy Sailors
- US appoints new ambassador to Somalia
- Pakistan Would Defend Saudi Territory, But Not Join Coalition
- Blast kills 14 near polio center in Pakistan
- Blast hits near Pakistan consulate in Afghanistan
- Doctors without Borders hospital hit in Yemen; 5 killed
- ISIS Blamed in Istanbul Attack That Kills 10 Tourists
- Iraq conflict: Shia ‘reprisals’ after bomb kills 20 in cafe
- U.S.-led coalition destroys Islamic State cash storehouse in Iraq